To strengthen the voice of international business in Macedonia, to promote a sustainable, predictable and competitive business landscape through advocacy and events as well as sharing best practices.
Macedonia as a fully-integrated and competitive member of the global economy and an attractive investment hub for international business in the region.
- Promoting Fair Competition;
- Effective Lawmaking & Enforcement;
- Community Engagement and Responsible Business Conduct
Board of Directors
The AmCham Macedonia Board of Directors consists of volunteer members who serve 2-4 years to provide strategic direction, oversee and assist Executive Office operations and represent the organization in public. To ensure continuity, 3-4 members of our Board of Directors are elected at each of our annual General Assemblies. Upon election of new members, each Board member signs a Commitment Letter and the newly constituted Board elects its officers.
Ljupco GeorgievGeneral Manager Microsoft dooel Skopje
Jelena ArsovskaManaging Director McCann doo Skopje
Maja FilipcevaHead of Tax and Outsourcing Grant Thornton
Dragan DavitkovCountry Managing Director PricewaterhouseCoopers North Macedonia
Mihael SolterGeneral Manager Macedonia
Philip Morris International
Marjan PetreskiVice-Rector for Research
University American College Skopje – UACS
Ex Oficio Members
The following individuals have served as past AmCham presidents and remain indefinitely as ex oficio members of our Board of Directors:
Executive Office Staff
Policy and Communications Manager Branka Denkova replacing Elena Chekorova (on maternity leave)
Introduction to CommitteesAmCham Macedonia is dedicated to issue-based advocacy via its committees focused on legal and tax issues; intellectual property rights protection; workforce development and corporate social responsibility. These committees gather subject matter experts from a variety of backgrounds and experiences to contribute to the “marketplace of ideas” in Macedonia and do more than complain about the status quo. Specifically, committee members can:
- Propose joint promotional or advocacy-related activities supported by AmCham and other committee members;
- Contribute to position papers or articles aimed at helping shape public opinion and policy;
- Encourage and take part in dialogue between the business community and all groups and institutions involved in or impacted by a given issue;
- Provide alerts on important business concerns to local authorities and influential organizations;
- Guide AmCham efforts in a given issue area.
For more information on joining an AmCham committee, please contact the Executive Office at ++389 2 3216 714 or via firstname.lastname@example.org