Alkaloid Marks 85 Years Of Establishment

Member News
News Information

A retrospective exhibition on the historical development of “Alkaloid” and a donation of four million denars to the Clinic for Children’s Diseases in Skopje marked the celebration of the great jubilee of Skopje’s oldest and biggest pharmaceutical company.

The first Alkaloid short movie from 1950, the oldest box of medicine and the original approval for the production of the drug “Cafetine”, the first packages of “Bekutan”, the oldest industrial machines and many other company exhibits are showcased in the Museum of the City of Skopje on the occasion of the 85th anniversary of “Alkaloid”.

“We usually celebrate the anniversaries with a broad attendance, since ‘Alkaloid’ is a company for each and every person! However, a different format was imposed on us on the occasion of this jubilee, so we decided to open our past and our present to everyone! We have been meticulously collecting fond memories all year round, and have managed to sum up the most important moments of our and your history on an area of ​​about 300 m2,” – said the general director of the company, Zhivko Mukaetov.

“Alkaloid” started this year’s jubilee by promoting the humanitarian video of the song cover from the anthological “Knock on wood” by guitar virtuoso Vlatko Stefanovski, performed by children from the project “Give Music”. For each view of the video on the digital channels between June 10th to September 20th, the company announced that it would donate one denar each to the University Clinic for Pediatrics. With this video, the children conveyed messages of gratitude, optimism, and empathy to the citizens most affected by the pandemic. For all the positive energy and good thoughts, shared with the views of the video, Alkaloid decided to double the promised donation amount – from 1 to 2 denars per view and donated a total of 4,099,448 denars to the Clinic for Children’s Diseases in Skopje.

At the main celebratory event, “Alkaloid” promoted another of its jubilee videos, which used old, authentic film footage of the factory from 1950 and 1962, fused with modern processes, which are now performed in the company’s production plants. The parallel between the past and the present is rounded off with the masterful graphics specially prepared by the famous Macedonian artist Mihail Korubin.

The retrospective exhibition will be open until October 12th for the entire Macedonian public.

Skip to content