AmCham North Macedonia is a business organization representing companies of all sizes across every sector of the economy by sharing their voice in promoting a sustainable, predictable, and competitive business landscape through advocacy and events as well as sharing best practices. AmCham North Macedonia is an accredited member of The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and AmChams in Europe which serves as umbrella organization for 45 American Chambers of Commerce (AmChams) from 43 countries across Europe and Eurasia.
We are looking for a forward thinking and experienced Policy Manager who will be able to drive and coordinate advocacy activities and projects within AmCham.
- Government/ Public relations:
- Regular communication with relevant public officials
- Relationship building with public officials in respective policy/advocacy areas
- Practical cooperation on preparation of strategic policies (e.g. active commenting, co-drafting, stakeholder engagement, etc.)
- Relationship building with key private/non-profit institutions (business associations, academia, relevant NGOs, etc.)
- Active communication with external stakeholders
- Communication of relevant advocacy activities (in cooperation with ED)
- Cooperation with members:
- Membership engagement in advocacy activities within AmCham committees
- Project management within respective committees
- Drafting joint policy papers/position papers & policy briefs
- Occasional membership recruitment
- Project management:
- Overall responsibility over thematic projects in respective advocacy areas
- Exploring opportunities for partnership- and initiatives-development
- Develop and administer project proposals, strategies and action plans
- Advocacy related content creation, planning & delivery of activities/events (in cooperation with other team members)
- University education – preferably in economics/international relations/political science
- Advanced English proficiency
- Digital skills – MS Office Tools
- 7+ years of professional experience (advocacy/regulatory affairs is advantage)
- Understanding of policy making processes
- Experience in working with public institutions/Government
- Experience in preparation of projects and grant application
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, listening and personal presence
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusting relationships
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, ability to multitask and prioritize
- Possibility to grow and further develop competencies
- Flexible working environment focused on results
- Excellent possibility for collaboration with representatives from the most respectable companies in the country and learning from their diversified experiences
- Knowledge sharing within the AmCham’s in Europe network
How to apply?
Please apply in writing, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your CV, reference list and brief statement on why you are the perfect candidate for the position by Wednesday, April 7, 2021.
Please use „Job Application – Policy Manager“ in the Subject line.
Applications received past this date will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview.