The Regional Challenge Fund (RCF) is organizing an open event in the country, to announce the launch of the first call for expressions of interest for Vocational Education and Training (VET) Projects, scheduled for Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021, 11.30 – 12.45 (CET).
This is a first-of-its-kind financing facility designed to increase the employability of VET graduates and to boost the productivity and competitiveness of enterprises in Western Balkan 6 at the same time. The RCF will help bridge this gap by funding investments in the equipment and infrastructure that vocational training institutes (VTIs) need to help their students build the skills that today’s companies demand.
The scheduled event will also, gather representatives from: public institutions in charge of vocational education and training, international organizations and initiatives, chambers of commerce, vocational training providers, enterprises, and association.
– Ms. Mila Carovska, Minister, Ministry of Education and Science
– H.E. Anke Holstein, German Ambassador to North Macedonia
– Mr. Rene Eschemann, Director, KfW Office Kosovo and North Macedonia
– Ms. Biljana Peeva Gjurikj, Executive Director, Economic Chamber of Macedonia
– Mr. Frieder Woehrmann, Regional Challenge Fund, Fund Management Unit, Team leader
– Mr. Patrick Martens, Director, Delegate of German Industry in North Macedonia, Albania and Kosovo
-Mr.Kurt Wüthrich, Team Leader, Education for Employment, Helvetas, North Macedonia
Moderator: Ms. Natasa Janevska, VET Expert, Economic Chamber of Macedonia, North Macedonia
The official language of the event is Macedonian. Simultaneous translation to and from English will be available.
The Regional Challenge Fund (RCF) is commissioned by the German Government to KfW Development Bank and executed by the Western Balkans 6 Chamber Investment Forum (WB6-CIF), a joint initiative of chambers of commerce from the region. To find oud more about the project, please follow this LINK.